Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose,
to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has
been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote
working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected
with each other and our clients.
better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it
every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds
to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age:
people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are seeking a Solutions
Architect to join our Data and Analytics team in our Canberra office. This role
is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
EY DnA is the data and advanced
analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees
working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven
strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organisations.
We go beyond strategy, and provide end to end implementation of real-life data
environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business
analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in
Solutions Architect in our team you will liaise with our clients to design,
develop and implement data collection, transformation, and data integration
solutions. You will provide technical guidance as an SME and hands on delivery
team member across multiple clients and engagements.
- Create and present the solution througha solution design document and estimate for complexity, effort and costs
- Collaborate with solution design andbusiness requirements teams to identify data requirements and influenceproject artefacts
- Advise on data management practices,approaches and frameworks
- Demonstrate technical expertise inmodern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloudplatforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Lead technology consulting engagementsand solution workshops
- Contribute to thought leadership, anddemonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data andassociated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance andarchitecture
- Be involved in all aspects of theProject life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture andImplementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for asuccessful consulting career
attributes for success
- End-to-end solution architecturemanagement experience (ideally 10 years)
- AI and Big Data solution designexperience including Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing and IoT(ideally 5 years)
- Excellent documentation skills with theability to produce client ready solution architecture, businessunderstandable presentations and good communication skills to lead and runworkshops
- Strong skills in Big Data technologiesand Apache ecosystem technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, and haveexperience building end to end data pipelines using on-premise orcloud-based data platforms
- Technical leadership and the ability towork with a wider group of architects, application teams and businessteams to define and socialise architectural concepts and approaches
- Ability to estimate developmentcomplexity, effort and costs
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-endproject delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies(or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentationand presentation skills
- Public Sector Experience in Canberrawill be high regarded
As this role is within a Federal Government client of EY, only
Australian Citizens can be considered.
youâll also have
- Experience in engaging with bothtechnical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience andbackground, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role onBusiness Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where youâll be rewarded for
your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs,
to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way thatâs right for you. This
- a variety of flexibleworking and leave arrangements
- personalised careerdevelopment including coachingand support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so youcan develop the skills youâll need to thrive in the future
- arange of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeingthroughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to
foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices
are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our
inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible
working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to
build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable
adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for
people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment
process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the
time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 61 3
We understand the importance of social
distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be
managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of
EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
exceptional EY experience. Itâs yours to build.â
preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their
external third party provider.
Â© 2020 Ernst & Young
Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards