Capital Vacations Revenue Manager
Who this Job Will Job Appeal To
We are looking to add a Revenue Manager to our team to help maximize rental revenue for our Florida and Islands region. If you are competitive, goal-oriented, and enjoy driving revenue, we encourage you to apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
As Revenue Manager (RM) you will be directly responsible for planning, organizing, and executing the overall revenue generation strategies for your portfolio. You will be responsible for analyzing all revenue data, executing revenue strategies, maximizing resort room revenue, and increasing market share through effective pricing and inventory management. You will also manage channel distributions and rate parity between the property website, Online Travel Agencies, Portal Websites, and third party sites.
Your responsibilities will also include effectively communicating revenue strategies, potential opportunities and trends to team members and management. You will make recommendations for specials to drive demand and will be responsible for implementing those approved strategies.
Who You Will Be Working With
You will collaborate throughout the organization- from the Guest Services team at the Resorts to our Call Center team to General Managers, Regional Managers and the VP of Yield and Rental Management- all members of the organization play a role in effective revenue management.
- Manage a portfolio of properties room rates and pricing strategies under the direction of the VP of Rental Management in order to maximize rental revenue.
- Work with Resort contacts to ensure inventory is allocated properly.
- Drive market share and revenue performance through proper pricing and mix management.
- Monitor and analyze hotel availability, including all third-party websites.
- Yield length of stay restrictions based on inventory and demand. Yield rates based on pick up and inventory analysis.
- Develop and execute e-specials to drive direct business.
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance.
- Work with Resort contacts and research market demand drivers to fully understand the markets of the portfolio and the market competition.
- Maintains open communication with all OTAs and works with them directly for strategies on increasing revenue through various OTA specials.
- Leads bi-weekly/monthly revenue meetings with Resort contacts to update on latest performance, manage inventory allocation, address any issues, new ideas, or changes with rates, distribution and restrictions.
- Manages all online web bookings and ensures they are all in the system and properly handled and processed.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly revenue reports.
- Communicates frequently with the Reservations team and Resort contacts on changes in and to the revenue management process.
- Participation in the annual budget and business plan process as well as P&L.
- Shares best practices and key learning with peers, Resort contacts and VP of Rental Management.
- Ensure property team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role. Clearly communicate to property team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenues and improve performance.
- Accurately forecast revenue, including occupancy and average rate.
- Other duties, as assigned by the General Manager or VP of Rental Management.
- At least two years of direct, applicable revenue management experience
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect.
- Strong analytical capabilities to review, understand, and formulate strategy based on the reporting data available.
- Ability to analyze financial and market data and trends.
- Detail oriented and hands-on.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of OTA extranets such as Expedia and Booking.com.
- SPI or TimeShareWare knowledge a plus but not required.
Working with a great team of people with common goals, excellent bonus opportunity, Medical, dental, life, paid time off.
Compensation: Based on experience