Directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Assist in the achievement of budgeted sales and profits.
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly Team Members, Corporate and Regional Team Members and guests.
- Implement IHOP 101 Training program for all restaurant hourly Team Members to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Assist in the execution of annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit, in accordance with the current IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the current operations plan.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations that are applicable to assigned unit.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and retention of Team Members in accordance with the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen and miscellaneous supplies.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure and premises according to federal, state and local regulations and the SOP.
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist in maintaining safe and secure restaurant.
- Assist in completion of all required reports and paperwork.
- Perform other duties a assigned.
Directly supervise Team Members at assigned unit. Assist General Manager with the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Company unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Keep the General Manager informed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurant Team Members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understand to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Abiility to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Cerficates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid Drivers License will be necessary to drive a car on Company business.
Other Skills and Abilities
Certification through IHOP training courses as assigned.
The physical demands described here must be met by Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is required to stand, walk and sit. The Team Member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Team Member regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The Team Member frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed frequently to toxic or caustic chemicals. The Team Member occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environmental is usually moderate.