Requisition Number: ADVAN01550
The Advanced Quality Engineer is responsible for providing leadership and quality support on new program launch teams (including changes and improvements) to ensure that the team is meeting ADAC and customer APQP requirements, timing and expectations through Product Development Process and flawless launch practices.
Fundamental to success for ADAC are these basic values:
- People: Our people are the source of our strength, provide our corporate intelligence, and determine our reputation and vitality. Respect, empowerment, alignment and teamwork are our core human values.
- Products: Our products will be designed and developed with proven processes and technologies to satisfy our customers’ needs. Innovation will drive our product offerings.
- Profits: Our profits will measure the results of our efforts and the satisfaction we provide to our customers. Profits are required to survive and grow.
- Community: Our community will know us to be a collection of caring men and women who work to improve our environment and enrich the lives of those around us.
- Meet program deliverables on time on new/existing programs, while following the ADAC APQP procedure, IATF/AIAG requirements and the specific customer requirements.
- Provide launch engineering support and direction in the quality process during the development of programs, including problem solving, meeting internal deliverables on time, and working to minimize customer concerns.
- Meeting objectives as defined in performance agreement and completing assignments set forth by management on time.
- Review and disposition supplier Tier 2 PPAP submissions for accuracy and ensure they meet the customer requirements
- Customer interface and support during product development and trial builds and meeting customer deliverables on time.
- Collect, prepare and verify documentation from multiple departments for submission to OEM's for PPAP submittal. Submit documentation to internal, and external Customer based Web sites. Launch CN's for new programs and CN's for engineering changes.
- Review prints using the drawing check sheet for accuracy, and ensure all customer requirements are met. Review part layouts/ scans.
- Conduct capability studies on variable data points and create reports for capability.
- Create Control Plans, participate in the development of FMEA's, review DV and PV test plans for accuracy to verify that they align with the Customer requirements.
- Collect boundary samples, make program master parts, define critical areas on our products for associates, prepare AAR's for submission to OEM's, provide incoming supplier masters, and prepare first piece inspection sheets.
- Create containment plans for new launch with photos and samples. Work with plant associates and team leaders to cross train on Customer quality requirements.
- Attend core team meetings, staff meetings, Web Ex customer meetings and participate in OEM online training
- Collaborate with gauge designers and Engineers to design, develop and track gauges from quote to delivery to manufacturing, including MSA's. Report areas of concern to the core team.
- Participate in problem solving activities during launch phase, and support Customer concerns as required.
- All other duties as assigned..Supervision Received:
Specific Direction: Follows established work procedures. Receives periodic checks for performance. Refers unique questions/conditions to immediate supervisor.
General Direction: Plans and arranges own work. Uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish assigned objectives.
Limited Direction: Works from overall policies, goals and budgetary limits. Virtually self-supervising with direct accountability for final results.
Supervisory Responsibility List
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or Technical equivalent experience
- Background in automotive Tier 1 manufacturing, OEM Customer Specific Requirements
- 5 or more years of experience as a Quality Engineer / ASQ Certification: CQE, CQT - preferred
- Knowledge of APQP systems and PPAP skills required
- FMEA and Control Plan experience required
- Experience with quality systems, root cause analysis (8D / Kepner Tregoe), vendor related quality, in-process and final inspection
- Solid understanding of variation and core quality tools - SPC, MSA, Process Capability
- Gauge development and buy-off experience
- Dimensional Control and GD&T
- Six Sigma (Greenbelt / Black belt)- preferred
- Multi-Lingual - preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership skills to motivate, coach, and guide team for performance metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products.
- Ability to provide leadership around conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team work environment.
- Ability to use problem solving skills.
- Time management.
Core Competency Check List
Complex Problem Solving
Judgement and Decision Making
Management of Financial Resources
Management of Material Resources
Management of Human Capital
Operation and Control
Quality Control Analysis
Average Daily Physical Requirements
.25 hour - 2 hours
2.5 hours - 5.5 hours
5.5 hour +
Work in stationary position
Move about work area
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Communicate with various parties
Detect flavors or smells
Move containers up to 30 pounds
Read and understand written word
Operate computer and general office machines
Operate Machines: Manufacturing Equipment
Other: International Travel as required - TBD
Average Daily Environmental Conditions
.25 hour - 2 hours
2.5 hours - 5.5 hours
5.5 hour +
Normal office environment: No exposure to extreme heat, cold, noise or chemicals or hazardous equipment.
Plant environment: exposure to dust, oil, various chemicals, and extreme noise.
Travel: Limited exposure to outside elements.