Supervisor Food Service
Facility: Community Hospital
Department: Hospitality and Nutrition
Hours: Mon-Fri, some weekends
Bi-weekly Hrs: 80
Location: Munster, IN
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Responsible for coordinating, planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of personnel engaged in the preparation of food for the hospital patients, employees and visitors; the assembly and service of meals; and the provision of cafeteria and special function service.
• Associates degree in management, food and nutrition, culinary arts, human resources or other related degree required.
• Bachelor's degree in the above areas is preferred.
• Strong culinary background in large volume cooking.
• Management experience required.
• Basic knowledge of nutrition.
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Print Artist, and Power Point.
• Completion of certified dietary manager's course within two years of appointment to position.