PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
You will join a team responsible for the core services and applications that enable PPRO’s payment platforms, products and services. Together with your cross-functional team you will design, implement, deploy and maintain cloud-based applications using modern development stacks and lean practices.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Deliver on business functionality (backend development) while also operating and improving our cloud infrastructure
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
- Make frequent code contributions and review your colleagues’ code promptly
- Provide feedback, guidance, and advocate performant and maintainable code
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Build out and maintain software and configurations to support continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and automation of common tasks that are part of the software delivery pipeline
- protobuf, grpc, kotlin, c++, docker, kubernetes, aws
- Senior-level software development experience
- Strong Kotlin, Java, Go or C++ programming skills
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience developing and running web services in production
- Comfortable working from the shell on Linux or macOS
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
Nice to have:
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with databases, SQL, protobuf, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Experience with cloud-based architectures and continuous delivery practices
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.