We are currently setting up the Community Team for Germany, which will consist of 4 people distributed across German metropolitan areas by the middle of next year. We have recently recurited the head of community management Germany, who is located in Munich. We are now looking for a community manager to develop the Ruhrgebiet. The role will include travel in the region, as well as occasional travel to Munich.
The working language is predominantly German, although communication and exchange with the Community Team in France will take place in English.
Responsibilities as Community Manager:
- Organize events for the community of freelancers, ranging from networking events, dedicated events for tech communities, events in collaboration with external partners
- Build up a network of supporters to help you achieve maximum impact (e.g. freelancers that want to engage and help us, influencers, speakers, coworking spaces to host events, associated startups...)
- Plan and implement acquisition strategies for selected freelancer profiles (e.g. top tech talents)
- Support the freelancers of your portfolio in optimizing their profile so that they receive projects on Malt (physical meetings, telephone, e-mails, webinars...).
- Share suggestions for improving the freelancer experience internally
- Generate relevant content for freelancers that helps them simplify their life (e.g. how to self-market, how to SEO your profile, how to develop yourself further) and publish it on various social media channels
- Work with external partners to provide freelancers free or heavily discounted services as part of their malt membership (e.g. free trainings)
- Min. Bachelor's degree +1 year professional experience in a relevant field
- German native speaker
- Fluency in English, some French is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Enjoy working with people from different backgrounds
- Strong networker and relationship builder
- Proactive self-starter with hands-on mentality
- Affinity to various IT-areas and a keen interest in innovations and future topics