Castle is looking for wonderful, caring and compassionate caregivers for our Mukwonago - Birchrock Castle location! If you want to work in a facility that is the definition of teamwork this would be your forever place.
- Assist residents of the facility with all ADL's (Active Daily Living) according to their care plan, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Take vitals of resident such as blood pressure, temperature, pulse, blood sugar, etc.
- Prepare meals as directed by the scheduled menu and Administrator.
- Perform activities with the residents as scheduled.
- Properly launder residents clothing, bedding and linens with checking pockets and not mixing residents clothing.
- Ability to react in emergency situations while maintaining control of self and the residents.
- Administer medications and document properly as directed.
- Document in ECP (online resident/house chart) and communicate a change of condition regarding resident(s) when present to RN Administrator.
- Maintain the ability to follow simple instructions from the RN Administrator and therapists.
- Cooperatively work in a positive, responsible manner with residents, visiting resident family members, members of resident care team, all CSL employees, and venders.
- Seek assistance from RN Administrator when unsure of a situation.
- Conduct all tasks during shift as listed in ECP (online resident/house chart).
- Locking up medications when they arrive until new med cycle is checked in.
- New Narcotics must be checked in, double locked and communicated with Administrator.
- Re-order medications as needed.
- Must follow guidelines in the handbook.
- Work proficiently within various computer based software programs; ie. ECP, When I Work, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Maintain the ability to positively project the vision of Castle Senior Living by following the company values.
- Complete tasks as delegated to you by Administrator.
- Must follow fall procedure and no lifting policy.
- Must participate in the on-call schedule (rotation).
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum age requirement is 18. Prior experience and training helpful. Complete all necessary trainings for the CBRF certification within the mandatory timeframes allotted by the State of Wisconsin. Must complete and stay current with a minimum of 15 in-service hours required by the state of Wisconsin. Ability to communicate a concern or complaint in a constructive and professional manner following protocol. Must possess exceptional communication and problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of employees throughout Castle Senior Living. Must have the ability to work on a computer and learn new software. Must have a working phone or a way staff can reach you while on-call. Must have a working phone for on-call availability and participate in the on-call process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, communicate verbally and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques are required.
Employee's job requires frequent:
- Up to 30 pounds.
Job requires employees to use both right and left hands for repetitive action such as:
- Simple and firm grasping
- Fine Manipulation