iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
Senior Technical Support Engineers interface directly with our Enterprise (Commercial, Government, K12) customers via live chat, ticket system, and telephone to assist them with technical support issues or inquiries. An ideal candidate for this role will have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience with enterprise networks, systems, and cybersecurity. An outstanding candidate will have previously been the “go-to” network engineer, system administrator, or security engineer in a previous role. The outstanding candidate will also understand the challenges that administrators face when trying to secure their users and devices in today’s borderless network landscape and have a track record of solving them. If you have an innate curiosity to understand how systems work (and could possibly be abused), a drive to find creative solutions to problems others may think are impossible to solve, are comfortable in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting environment, and are driven to provide customer satisfaction, we want to hear from you. We’ll provide the opportunity for you to work with some of the largest and most complex networks on the planet providing a service that helps protect organizations and users from threats.
- Solve complex technical support inquiries via telephone, live chat, and ticket interactions with a positive and professional demeanor
- Document interactions comprehensively for auditing and record-keeping purposes
- Spin up lab environments consisting of firewalls, switches, routers, and endpoints to reproduce customer environments for advanced troubleshooting purposes
- Work with team leads and management to bubble up recurring issues or opportunities for product or process improvements
- Participate in testing pre-release solutions and validating performance against test plans documenting results
- Create and submit knowledgebase entries to help improve customer self-service capabilities
- Create and maintain internal knowledge systems to assist other internal team members
- Stay abreast of product changes, working with lab and test systems to come up to speed quickly with new capabilities, devices, and features
The responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualities, and/or abilities required.
- Previous technical support experience
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- 7 plus years of experience designing and supporting multilayer IP networks; routing and switching
- 7 plus years of experience with network security; firewalls, intrusion prevention, risk assessment, pen testing, content filtering, PKI, SSL/TLS
- 7 plus years of experience managing Windows Server or Red Hat Linux server environments; Proficient with Linux
- 7 plus years of experience managing large (>1k seat) Windows and Mac workstation deployments
- 7 plus years of experience managing DNS; Microsoft or Bind
- Experience with virtualization, specifically VDI implementations
- Experience with acquiring and analyzing packet captures
- Experience/familiarity with managing enterprise deployments of iOS, Android, and Chromebook devices
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills
- Strong decision-making and analytical abilities
- Availability to work 10:00 am - 7:00 pm EST or 11:00 am - 8:00 pm EST
- Health, Vision, Dental - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-paid holidays
- Supportive and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Casual dress attire
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas