Machine Operator / Moulder Operator
Req Number: 514-20727
Machine Operator III is responsible for the set up and operation of complicated production machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Ensures final product meets customer expectations. Works under general supervision; relies on experience and general instructions to perform the functions of the job.
Examples: CNC Router, Moulder, Planer
- Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
- Completes work area set up.
- Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
- Continually watches the machine to ensure quality.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
- May operate hand tools to complete the production process.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with heavy manufacturing and/or assembly equipment
- Working knowledge of mathematical functions.
- Basic understanding on computer equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure and read blue prints or plans
- Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
- Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results