FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Facility Manager
Amount of Travel Required: None
The Facilities/Sanitation technician, is responsible the building and grounds overall appearance and cleanliness.
- Work with the housekeeping team to ensure high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all areas of the facility
- Clean warehouse floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or with floor scrubbing machinery.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Continuously seek and make improvements to overall housekeeping functions of the facility
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Performing light routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs.
- Clean, dust and remove cob webs from, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform work, such as Reach trucks, Pallet riders, Stock picker and Scissor lift.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Setting up and staging critical supplies for use by the operations team
- Collect and process damages and lose product from the facility
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Clean and dry delivery totes, using totes washer and power washers.
- Inspect and clean Cooler boxes
- Responsible for meeting and assisting returning CBW drivers in check-in process
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- All duties must be performed satisfactorily and independently
- Must execute good work habits including safety procedures
- Excellent attendance and safety record
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and safety instructions and procedures
- Must possess the ability to speak effectively with co-workers, outside vendors, & management
- Must be able to apply common sense and carry out written and verbal instructions
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess general knowledge of hand tools
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs.
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
Push / Pull
12 lbs. or less
Squat or Kneel
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to work in hot and cold weather environments