We are looking for a Calibration and Test Engineer to develop calibration and test setups for LiDAR and camera systems.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute test plans to calibrate optical systems, measure system performance, and validate spec compliance
- Maintain test setup integrity
- Write scripts to automate performance tests and calibration routines
- Triage system problems by doing first-level debug of test or calibration failures
What you have:
- Masters in Physics/EE/CS + 2 years’ experience or BS Physics/EE/CS + 4 years’ experience
- Experience with calibration of optical systems
- Ability to design and develop automated test and calibration scripts
- Familiarity with various types of test equipment (scopes, analyzers, meters)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Curiosity, drive, and energy to troubleshoot and/or root-cause issues
- Strong programming skills in one of Python, C++, or Matlab
Nice to have:
- Experience with 3-D CAD (Solidworks, etc)
- Experience with PCB schematic capture tools
What's in it for you:
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry leading venture capitalists
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- 401k matching
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecard
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!
Aeva develops a new sensing & perception paradigm for autonomous machines. Aeva's technology brings together the best of vision, depth & motion sensors into a single product with superior performance. Compared to today's best in class, it provides greater range & resolution across weather conditions and a new dimension to precisely measure velocity of every pixel in the scene.