At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
What you'll do
- Develop and extend speech synthesis technologies to make our voice as natural as a human's (voice)!
- Develop and apply algorithms to annotate prosody and voice quality in expressive speech synthesis corpora
- Carry out a listener evaluation study of expressive synthetic speech
What you'll need
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Speech Synthesis or Machine Learning
- Experience building and tuning state of the art parametric and/or unit selection Text-To-Speech systems
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork spirit
- Strong communication skills
What we'd like to see
- Experience with end-to-end speech synthesis such as Tacotron and WaveNet vocoder
- Knowledge of Lexer, text normalizer, part of speech, letter to sound
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional, and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.