Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant
Industry leading brands who are defining the future of work, adopt MobileIron to secure access to the enterprise, through the world’s most ubiquitous product—the mobile device. We’ve created a single point of secure and frictionless access to the perimeter-less enterprise —from any device, managed by MobileIron, someone else, or not all.
Our mobile-centric, zero trust approach validates and verifies a comprehensive set of signals and the correlation between the user, device, applications, networks and potential threats before granting secure access to the device. Our zero trust platform is built on the foundation of our award-winning and industry-leading unified endpoint management (UEM) capabilities with enabling technologies of zero sign-on (ZSO) user and device authentication, multi-factor authentication (MFA), and mobile threat detection (MTD.) And we didn't stop there. We've gone beyond traditional UEM, identity and gateway solutions, to bring together mobile, security and the way people want to work—so you can free your people to be productive without limits and passwords.
MobileIron. The center of enterprise security
Recognized by Gartner as a leader in eight UEM MQs and recently noted by Forbes as one of the “Top 10 Cybersecurity Companies To Watch In 2019”
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant in our Revenue Recognition and External Reporting team. This position is an individual contributor and reports to Sr. Manager, Revenue Recognition.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support MobileIron’s compliance with revenue standard, ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and various other related accounting guidance.
- Participate in contract negotiation, identify non-standard terms and conditions, recommend alternative deal structures and determine revenue recognition conclusions in accordance with ASC 606
- Support sales cycles in collaboration with Sales, Legal, Order Admin and Deal Desk team to ensure sales orders are properly quoted, presented, transacted, processed, accounted and reported
- Perform contract reviews to assess revenue recognition impacts
- Establish and update standalone selling price for all MobileIron products and services
- Maintain compliance in all key controls in the Quote to Cash control cycle
- Support revenue and contra-revenue forecasting
- Author and update whitepaper and Revenue accounting memos
- Support business partner trainings to ensure consistency with Revenue Recognition policy and practices.
- Support monthly accounting close, revenue accounting audit and various quarterly analysis including financial disclosure, fair value and flux analyses
- Review external publications to ensure press releases, roadmap information and product release communications adhere to Revenue Recognition policy
- Work closely with cross functional departments including Sales, FP&A, Order Admin, Deal Desk, Legal, and Product Management teams
Who you are:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A system-savvy person. Advanced in Excel (including formula, pivots, VLOOKUPs, charts) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with revenue automation and financial tools (including Zuora RevPro, NetSuite and Salesforce and Domo)
- Prior experience in Accounting with a focus on software revenue recognition and technical accounting, particularly in ASC 606
What you’ve done:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant accounting, finance or revenue recognition experience
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.