Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Coursera transforms lives through learning at all levels, including bachelor’s and master’s degrees offered through our platform. As Senior Product Manager for the Degrees team, you will define and implement the strategy to drive a great experience for students enrolled in degrees and other for-credit university programs. You will be responsible for student satisfaction with our platform and the overall success of enrolled students in degree and MasterTrack programs. This includes setting the strategy for on- and off-platform student communications including reminders and motivational nudges—implementing features while validating via experiments. You will play a big part in helping students be successful both in the program (via ML-assisted coaching and tutoring, as well as collaboration tools such as conferencing and async communications vehicles) and out in the workforce.
You will collaborate with partners, account managers, engineering, design, product marketing, and other cross-functional teams to create and execute a roadmap of products to help students thrive. What you do will matter! You’ll be a key contributor to the success of this growing product line.
- Own the product vision and strategy for degree-student success
- Understand external customer jobs to be done and internal stakeholder business priorities to create actionable roadmaps
- Align external customers and internal stakeholders on priorities and the roadmap for student success
- Lead cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers to build highly-leveraged product features
- Work across the organization to build understanding and enthusiasm for the products your team builds.
- Ship impactful product features on time and in scope through solid execution and making smart tradeoffs in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Ensure successful product launches with go-to-market activities and post-launch analysis to inform future product direction
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with university or enterprise partners with a SAAS-based product at scale
- Experience in creating holistic product vision and strategy, and taking new product ideas from zero to one
- Experience building products powered by data and machine learning models
- Excellent consumer intuition informed by data analytics and user research
- Excellent oral and written communication with multiple levels of the organization and external partners
- Experience with educational products or pedagogical methods a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges
- Software Product Management
- High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation