Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retain our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Act as an HR consultant and coach, using relevant data to inform and create insight for all technology teams globally, diagnose root causes of organizational performance and influence change
- Partner and trusted advisor to the SVP of Engineering and Chief Product Officer and leading their people strategy to drive organizational performance and improve and maintain the quality of team culture
- Consults with line management, being a credible partner, providing guidance and influencing leaders to drive business decisions
- Analyzes trends and data in partnership with the HR team, having an active voice in developing solutions and initiatives to drive results
- Coach leaders to navigate the complexities of managing teams, topics to include understanding total rewards, managing career development, developing a high performance culture, providing conflict resolution strategies
- Thought leader for all levels of the organization, implementing initiatives to improve work relationships, build trust and community, and increase productivity and employee satisfaction
- Provides leadership on designing organization structures and workforce planning, compensation strategies, talent development and succession planning
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of employment law, using good judgement while balancing the needs of the business when providing practical recommendations
- 7+ years of HR experience required, recent HRBP experience supporting software engineering preferred
- Strong business and HR acumen, ability to understand business strategies and use OD, talent management and other HR interventions to translate knowledge into appropriate HR and management actions
- Effective consulting skills, ability to coach executive leaders, able to present solutions that are heard, understood and supported
- Adept at communicating to all levels in the organization, earning trust and building credibility
- Facilitate large scale interventions for leadership development
- Strong collaborator, managing multiple inputs and delivering solutions with a one-team mindset while maintaining a good sense of humor in a complex environment
- Ability to maximize relationships and communicate constructively when offering quality advice, counsel and insights
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Influencing People
- Organization Analysis
- People Analytics