At Intuit, our mission is powering prosperity around the world. We build intuitive web, mobile, and cloud solutions that generate more money, more time, and more confidence for 46+ million people. Leveraging big data insights, machine learning, and powerful automation, we help consumers, small business owners, and the self-employed achieve their dreams of prosperity.
The design research team in Intuit's Small Business Self Employed Group is focused on understanding the needs and motivations of small business owners. We are a dedicated team of passionate and talented researchers, designers and storytellers. We use qualitative and quantitative research methods to generate insights that drive innovation throughout the entire product experience.
- Conduct end-to-end research, utilizing a wide variety of methodologies to help us gain confidence in our understanding of our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products.
- Work closely with product, design, and marketing teams to define the most important research questions, lead research, and come out with a clear POV on the most important insights.
- Turn insights into action by partnering with cross-functional teams to create delightful and seamless customer experiences.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience leading design/UX research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or consulting firm
- A track record of successfully managing research engagements, from exploratory research to usability studies, impacting all aspects of business and product development
- Communication and presentation skills:
- Ability to translate research data and insights into clear frameworks and actionable recommendations
- Comfortable presenting findings in front of large audiences of key stakeholders
- Strong storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Qualitative research skills:
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading qualitative research, specifically remote IDIs and contextual inquiry
- Proficiency in using a wide range of digital UI research and mobile ethnography tools
- Value process and rigor but thrive on creative problem solving and research approaches
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and personally recruit participants as needed
- Quantitative research skills:
- An appreciation for the value of hard data in complementing qualitative findings