Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
As a Principal designer at Coursera you will have the opportunity to take a lead role on the team creating experiences across the Coursera ecosystem. We are in the midst of transforming our offering to schools around the world, leading innovation in how people learn, and broadening our global footprint. The experience of learning and transformation is inherently challenging.
Your job is to create simplicity from complexity and influence everything from the most micro interaction to most complex system design challenges. Our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create delightful experiences that empower our users
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data science, and research to create a product from the initial definition to shipping and beyond
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Able to design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Work with substantial autonomy across multiple teams and business lines
- Mentor younger designers and help evolve the culture of knowledge sharing within the team
- 10+ years of experience in product design
- Strong desire to have a large stake in a deeply collaborative team
- Well versed in the creation of flows and UI for all types of digital product design
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
- Ability to articulate your design criteria and UX decisions with verbal and visual communication skills
- Practiced in design research methodologies and the ability to collaborate closely with the research team
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly, open to feedback, and can translate feedback rapidly into design iterations
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Leading Teams
- Design Thinking for the Greater Good
- Design Led Strategy