Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 64 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,500 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 45 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 190+ elite universities around the globe with over 4,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
Growth is focused on driving Coursera's growth. This means converting more learners, increasing activity, and revenue. We try to increase growth across MOOCs, Enterprise learners, and Degree seekers. Engineering functions are divided into Personalization, Content, and Conversion teams.
Growth Discovery is responsible for enabling our learners to find the most relevant content for them and engaging (or re-engaging) them on their learning journey. We collaborate with data science, marketing and various other cross-functional groups to deliver new products or develop new ideas. As a growth team, we strongly believe in rapid experimentation and making data-driven decisions about how best to serve our learners.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Write understandable, testable, and maintainable code
- Build complex software systems by applying data modeling techniques
- Generate and test hypotheses about our product through feature ideation and analyzing user behavior.
- Partner with cross functional teams to design, develop, build, and launch features (Data Science, Marketing, Product Management etc.)
- Mentor senior and staff software engineers to improve their ability and make them more effective as product software engineers
- 10+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g. Java, Play/Scala, MySql, Cassandra, Solr, Kafka)
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
- Experience leading and/or mentoring team members
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Functional Programming in Scala Specialization
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.