Who We Are
Dusty Robotics is an early-stage, venture-backed startup automating construction through advanced robotics. While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise. We want to create a future in which construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings where we live/work/play are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews, who are directing robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What You’ll Do
As one of Dusty Robotics’ first field engineers, you will be operating Dusty robots out on construction sites and working with our customers to deliver the service they expect. Your problem-solving ability and hard work will be critical to delighting our customers and creating new business opportunities for the company. You will also have the opportunity to share your knowledge with tech-savvy clients, training others on what you've learned about how to operate our system.
In this role, you will get to:
- Evangelize construction robots with our customers
- Utilize your knowledge of CAD/BIM tools to prepare data for robotic layout
- Leverage your interest in technology to learn how to operate our robot and get optimal performance out of it
- Make use of your problem-solving skills to get our product to work successfully in challenging field conditions
- Work with our engineering team to diagnose problems, propose solutions, and test them out in the field
- Develop training programs to teach customers how to operate our products
- Travel to job site locations across California and around the U.S.
- Prior experience working on construction sites in the field
- Solid math skills (arithmetic and geometry)
- Solid computer skills on Windows or Linux platforms
- Problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Able to lift and carry 50-lb equipment on uneven ground
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Bonus points if you have prior experience in construction
- Provide own transportation including ability to transport three large suitcases
Our Code of Conduct
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who can bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, veterans, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Where You’ll Work
Our office is located in an industrial warehouse in Mountain View, CA. We’re about a mile from the Caltrain station and a variety of restaurants along Castro Street.
This role is an part-time, as-needed role. After an initial paid training period of 3 weeks in our Mountain View office, you will be asked to report to work on job sites throughout the Bay Area on a schedule that you and your manager mutually agree upon.
Unfortunately we cannot sponsor work visas at this time; you must have authorization to work in the US.