Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Coursera is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to be part of an impactful group that keeps our executives well supported. This is a high-visibility role that requires a strong attention to detail, lots of flexibility, keen insight and resourcefulness, and the ability to multi-task and juggle projects with aggressive deadlines. You will support the CFO, Head of Engineering and Head of People; in addition, you will interact with all individuals across Coursera -- if you’re looking for a truly cross-functional role, this would be it!
- Support C-Level and Vice President-level Executive Team Members with calendaring, meeting prioritization, planning and coordinating off-site meetings and team events, booking travel and accommodations; attending team meetings as requested, and other tasks as assigned by the Executive(s).
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all forms of communication (email, Slack, text, verbal, phone)
- Correspondence and scheduling with internal and external contacts
- Be a gatekeeper to ensure the best use of time for Executives
- Use clear, deliberate, consistent judgment in decision making
- Presence in the office Monday through Friday, with the willingness to respond after hours as needed
- Highly autonomous. Must be able to make decisions and work independently with little to no supervision. Not just a task executor.
- Minimum 5+ years in an executive support role for a company with 100+ employees, project management, and event planning.
- Proactive, with strong attention to detail, organizational skills, dependability, and follow-through
- Experience handling highly private/sensitive information, using excellent judgment and discretion
- Clear written and verbal communicator with internal employees and external vendors and contacts
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced, high-tech environment, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and complete assignments quickly
- Approachable, resourceful, a creative problem-solver, quick on your feet, out-of-the-box thinker
- Maturity and confidence when dealing with executives at the highest level in the company
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite in an office environment. Experience with Expensify, Slack, Zoom a plus.
- Mac proficient
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Career Readiness Specialization
- Communication in the 21st Century Workplace