Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an Embedded Hardware Engineer with a background in electronics and embedded systems who has a deep understanding of designing complex, reliable systems. The role will focus on electronics design, software drivers, test diagnostics, and on-vehicle testing. The role will work collaboratively across mechanical and electrical engineering, software, manufacturing and integration teams to build safe, reliable hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Design electronics/PCBs using industry standard CAD tools (Orcad, Allegro, Altium)
- Write functional specifications and statements of work for partner engagements
- Guide partners / suppliers across entire product life cycle
- Write and carry out test plans using analyzers, probes, automated test equipment and thermal chambers. Coordinate environmental tests. Document and present results
- Develop software/firmware for drivers, test cases, debug and validation
- Debug common automotive functions on the vehicles (driver interfaces, braking, steering, networking, sensors, ECUs)
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of hardware development experience with 1+ of those years in the automotive, aerospace or related industry
- Experience designing and debugging of low level hardware buses such as CAN, I2C, SPI, and UARTs. Analog design experience is desired.
- Direct software development experience in C, Python, and scripting for drivers and diagnostics
- Experience designing high speed hardware communication such as PCIe and Automotive Ethernet. Know the fundamentals of signal integrity.
- Experience designing ruggedized hardware. Automotive functional safety is desired.
- Experience developing software to assist with hardware development
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable getting your hands dirty analyzing a subsystem in the shop as when using a keyboard.
- Great Communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.