The team has developed an indoor proof of concept system that uses DSRC wireless devices in between multiple computers emulating vehicles. This platform is used to test various vehicular applications in an emulated setting that uses a traffic simulator and a network simulator. The corporate partner will be responsible for developing outdoor version of the existing platform on multiple cars.
As part of the research team, the corporate partner will be responsible for:
- Understanding the existing indoor platform and its various components
- Replicating the existing indoor platform on cars
- Developing two applications that utilize DSRC and cellular connections that work on outdoor testbed
- Develop visualizer tools for each vehicle to display to the drivers and passengers
- Develop a visualizer for “central command view“ of multiple cars
- Integrate, test and document the entire proof of concept system
- MS in Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 3 years of coding experience.
- Excellent Python, C+
• coding and object-oriented design skills
- Design documentation (e.g. system diagrams, development methodology, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing software algorithms
- Familiarity with socket programming and multi-threading
- Experience in vehicular communication protocols
- Experience in ROS
Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com