Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a controls software engineer to join us and develop our controls and actuation architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing our control and actuation algorithms using both novel and well-established techniques.
- Write high quality, well-tested control code in C++. You will also implement in adjacent parts of the stack, such as motion planning.
- Design for automotive requirements, specific environmental challenges, and end-to-end vehicle safety.
- Collaborate with the rest of the software team (especially motion planning and localization) as well as electrical and mechanical engineers to deliver a robust vehicle control system.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Robotics, Controls, Computer Science, or similar with 2+ years of experience in control, planning, and optimization in safety critical robotics, automotive, aerospace, or similar applications. You understand vehicle safety principles and have prior experience with automotive and robotics communication protocols. You have a deep understanding of the theory and practical implementation of vehicle dynamics, control, and actuation. You have implemented low latency controllers in significant safety critical actuation systems. You will be part of a team but you possess the knowledge and experience to build a vehicle control system from the ground up.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.