Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Part-time Health Care Assistant position available for our Behavioral Health Program in Mount Vernon. Must be Bilingual in English/Spanish or fluent in English/Spanish/Mixteco or Triqui and be able to communicate clearly and accurately with the community we serve. Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality requirements. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person in this position must be of good character and be able to maintain the understanding, physical health, emotional stability and personality suited to meet the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of the population served. Must be able to solve practical problems in a variety of situations, where limited standardization exists.
Education and/or Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED strongly preferred.
- Speak, write and read proficiently in English. Must be proficient in the interpreted language sufficiently to relate and communicate clearly to patients.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to connect with the patients and providers on a professional level and anticipate patient needs based on cultural variations.
- Certification for interpretation with the State of Washington DSHS Department is desired but not required.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Oscar Rivera, Program Manager at OscarRivera@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 07/16/2019
External candidates considered after 07/19/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).