The Cook position is located at Community Hospital South in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Cook is responsible for maintaining principles of proper food production and other related activities
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of foods, such as meats, soups, sauces, gravies, starch, entrees, vegetables, and special orders
- Responsible for seeing that food is prepared according to menu
- Confers with supervisors as to the use of leftovers, and menu changes
- Maintains high standards of food handling and cleanliness in the work area, and is responsible for high standards of personal cleanliness
- Will work together with the employees of the department to provide optimal food, nutritional, and environmental services to patients, visitors, and staff
Experience in food services as a cook.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English; must be able to read and comprehend recipes
- Must be able to use simple arithmetic and keep simple records
- Must be able to use simple office machines, meat slicers, mixers, steamers, and other institutional cooking equipment
- Must be able to perform several tasks (assembling trays, reading menus, etc.) at the same time
- Ability to handle high stressed situations
- Ability to produce products with last minute notice and be successful
- Ability to follow instruction and acceptance of guidance
Food, food service, dietary, food and nutrition, culinary, cook, cooking, chef, catering, hospitality, kitchen
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients
First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.