Requisition Number: SRSCI01413
We value: Safety Integrity Ownership Collaboration Service Sustainability
Moses Lake Industries, Inc. (MLI) is a rapidly growing producer of ultra-pure chemical products, serving the semiconductor, silicon and flat-panel screen industries worldwide. We deliver world class products to the leaders of the industries we serve. Handling and working around hazardous materials and chemical manufacturing equipment is routine. If you are prepared to work in an exciting and rewarding environment, we look forward to considering your experience and qualifications.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
We are looking for a Sr. Scientist, Analytical in our Metrology Department. Under the guidance of R&D Directors, the Senior Scientist will work independently, with other team members and other departments to accomplish the goals of the R&D Department and MLI. The Senior Scientist may direct projects and resources allocated to the projects to achieve agreed upon goals. Projects typically involve metrology development for new products including but not limited to: development of new analytical capabilities; troubleshoot and continuously improve existing analytical methods; execute analysis to support new product development; and provide analytical data and analysis to support resolution of customer escalations. Deliverables include justification summaries, budgets, schedules, return on investment analysis, engineering requirements documentation, safety review documentation and summaries of analytical data with well supported conclusions and recommendations. The Senior Scientist may be required to present to MLI senior management to secure funding or priority. Specific tasks include researching and testing potential methods; defining process and equipment requirements; evaluating and mitigating the potential hazards of reagents and methods; developing success criteria and specifications; executing, reviewing and summarizing analysis; generating well supported conclusions and data-driven recommendations; installing, using, and maintaining laboratory equipment; maintaining clear and detailed notes and data in a laboratory notebook to support development of MLI Intellectual Property (IP); and preparing and presenting oral and written data and project summaries. This position is in an R&D department and requires chemists to demonstrate ownership and initiative to show progress and achieve milestones in their assigned projects; adaptability to rapidly changing needs and priorities; demonstration of good judgment in a potentially hazardous environment; ability to work cooperatively and supportively with a broad range of individuals with different levels of education and experience; and commitment to executing all tasks to the highest safety and environmental protection standards. The Senior Scientist will demonstrate professional appearance, behavior and attitude at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Relevant experience in an industrial or academic laboratory setting.
- Masters (or equivalent experience) in chemistry, chemical engineering or related discipline such as biology or physics.
- Work to continuously improve productivity, cost savings, safety, and morale to gain positive results in all areas.
- Demonstrate accountability by accepting responsibility for yourself and your actions, anticipating and improving of problem areas, and problem solving inside and outside the department.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and ongoing demonstration of good chemical hygiene practices.
- Demonstrate ability to read, understand apply information in Safety Data Sheets to ensure safe handling and use of chemicals and laboratory apparatus.
- Computer literacy including ability to use software to prepare and revise reports and documents, analyze and present data, and model chemical concepts. Experience with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, ChemDraw, JMP, PowerPoint and Visio is desired but not required.
- Demonstrate sufficient math and chemistry skills to enable calculation of dilutions, molarity, averages, standard deviations, balancing of chemical equations and other relevant mathematical manipulations to support job tasks independently.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the application of common analytical methods (e.g., NMR, HPLC, GPC, TGA, DSC, titration, viscometry, etc.) in characterization of reagents, reactions products and byproducts.
- Prepare a weekly summary of specific activities, projects and priorities including needs and risks for achievement of objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Demonstrate ability to work well and effectively with a wide range of individuals with different personalities, education levels, and expertise.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in order to meet established deadlines.
- Work as a team and/or independently. Perform tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- General solution polymer characterization method development.
- Collecting and summarizing data at a high level.
- Hands on running samples.
General Job Requirements:
- Uphold MLI’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policy with the understanding that each individual will be treated with the utmost courtesy and respect regardless of position or stature. Every employee has an affirmative duty to immediately raise harassment concerns to Company management.
- Regular and punctual attendance is expected in order to accomplish the critical mission of the department and organization.
- Work to continuously improve productivity, cost savings, safety and morale to gain positive results in all areas.
- Maintain physical condition and health to efficiently and safely perform assigned job duties.
We offer a competitive compensation, medical, vision, and dental insurance benefits; paid time off (vacation, holiday, sick); 401(k) with employer match; life and AD&D insurance; short and long-term disability insurances, Education reimbursement, gym membership and other benefits. Relocation assistance is available. MLI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug & alcohol-free workplace. If you are prepared to work in an exciting and rewarding environment, we look forward to considering your experience and qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements for the position will not be considered.