Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Food Production Manager for the University of Idaho, a renowned regional institution in the Northwest located in AFFORDABLE Moscow, ID. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! With a focus on creating and developing a team, our successful candidate will enjoy spending approximately 50% of their time hands on cooking and creating exceptional food quality and presentation while incorporating sustainability initiatives. The University of Idaho is a Prestigious Land Grant University located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Reporting to the Campus Executive Chef this is a great opportunity for an individual seeking to grow and direct a kitchen team to new heights. Click here to learn more about the campus: University of Idaho and for more information about Moscow's great quality of life and to find out why Moscow is often on the top 100 best places to live, click here: Beautiful Moscow, ID
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a university setting or other high-volume resident dining 3 years operational experience within a food service environment preferred
- Manage Sustainability Program
- Manage Purchasing and Inventory
- Be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to resident student dining within a multi-unit campus account
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and proven success managing food cost and labor costs and budgets
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive customer relations; a solid manager and natural leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference
- Provide elevated quality and presentation of food and exceptional customer service spirit are key to this position
- Be customer focused, including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment
- Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Food Service Manager we're seeking?
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experienceBasic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.