Lead Warehouse Associate (Morton, WA, US, 98356)
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Plant Associate Lead will ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner. Provides work direction and advice to lower level Plant Workers on a regular basis. Trains and supervises others.
Key Job Activities:
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing
- Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination
- Operates tub wash unit ensuring the wash unit is operating properly. Removes clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use
- Operates tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs ensuring the unit is operating properly. Inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use
- Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and ensures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area
- Ensures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately
- Provides work direction and advice to lower level Plant Workers on a regular basis. Responsible for single shift only. Not responsible for decisions surrounding hiring, firing or performance reviews
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- 2+ Years of Experience, preferably in plant working environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and understand and follow health and safety directives and performance and conduct standards, policies and procedures that apply to the role and location
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.