1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior System Architect is responsible for designing and creating standardized architecture for new systems by integrating hardware technology into solutions for customers. This role will act as a technical expert, interfacing with multiple stakeholder groups including (but not limited to) product managers, project managers, engineering product teams, and operations to assess the business requirements and create the design of the overall solution.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Drive definition of clear, concise design requirements
- Collaborate with domestic and international teams to build smart grid communication solutions for gas, water and electric customers
- Responsible for specifying the technical architecture to solve the business problem and manage the architectural concerns to ensure more productive and effective outcomes
- Provide cross-functional technical leadership for project teams, including mechanical, electrical, firmware and software
- Review engineering documentation for compliance (i.e., product specifications, firmware functional specifications, etc.)
- Respond to technical questions from training, operations, supply chain
- Focuses on solution-level decisions and evaluation of their impact on a customer’s business objectives
- Maintaining consistency of the systems for the broader Xylem strategy
- Flexibility to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Conduct reviews with the global product managers to validate the design meets the marketing requirements and voice of customer
- Analyze and identify potential short- and long-term risks that may cause technical issues and impede business operations in the future
- Ability to see communication and network designs from conception to completion
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or 8+ years hands-on experience in communications or architecture development of communication solutions
- Experience with communication (DLMS-COSEM, wireless MBus, NBIoT), IP, smart energy/smart grid protocols and security protocols and algorithms in utilities space preferred
- Skill sets in network applications software and analytics, radio frequency engineering, data concentrator and smart endpoints
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment and inspire others to work toward challenging technical goals
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to establish and meet project objectives
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.