Administers payments to Investigators & Institutions participating in clinical trials in accordance with sponsor and Organization’s requirements. Works with internal teams to ensure appropriate funding prior to administering payments, keeps internal and external team members aware of site payment status and issues.
- Managing the investigator payment portion in various CTMS Tools like IMPACT, Medidata, and Clinpay etc.
- Reviewing data with project manager for quality and completeness
- Processing and creating approved grant payment requests via the CTMS Tools and forwarding or interfacing with A/P; and
- Distributing investigator payments to respective sites
- Facilitates site payments with internal groups such as clinical operations, project management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and site contracts teams. Coordinates with regional colleagues to ensure holistic global view of project payment/funding status.
- Collaborates with accounts receivable and project management to ensure advance funding is received from sponsors on a timely basis for global project needs and deposits are available before site payments are processed.
- Creates, maintains, and reconciles MS Excel Project Grant Tracker as necessary.
- Reviews and interrogates Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs) and CTA amendments to ensure payments are made according to the documented payment terms and schedule. Discrepancies should be escalated to their line manager or the appropriate project team member as needed.
- Prompts project teams through grants payment process and system navigation, as needed.
- Researches, compiles, and creates necessary information as required in support of sponsor invoicing.
- Identifies and works with clinical team to follow up on invoice discrepancies, past due invoices and to request refunds from sites.
- Ensures proper account and project coding are applied to third party invoices as it relates to investigator payments.
- Creates project reports as requested from sponsors, operations, accounting and/or upper management to support Sunshine Act reporting & various other statutory reports, monthly close process and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Assists Investigator Payments Manager with Audits of site payments and sponsor deposits.
- Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
- Works with sponsor systems and applications as required by the project.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, plus some financial experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency in using Excel for spreadsheet analysis. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
- Oracle experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred. This position will be working with clients in North America and Latin America
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Above average attention to detail, and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job excludes Colorado Applicants