Cloud Automation Analyst/Systems Developer
Cloud Automation Analyst/Systems Developer (Not a QA analyst)
Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972. Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure, resilient, private, public or hybrid cloud. With strong technical and functional consulting services, and World Class Monitoring & Automation, they serve some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries. Syntax has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM and other global technology leaders.
The role of the Cloud Automation Engineer (Systems Developer) is to develop a framework for cloud automation and maintain code which automates system orchestration and configuration management tasks to speed system delivery, ensure consistency and enforce standards.
The candidate must have a strong understanding of Linux and Windows system administration and significant experience using scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell and Bash scripting to automate system administration tasks.
The candidate will be able to design and develop Cloud Automation framework to automate orchestration and system configuration / administration activities.
Finally, the candidate needs to be able to automate server builds, network orchestration, storage administration, day to day system administration activities to bring efficiency within the organization.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as Cloud Automation engineer (System Developer) and provide examples of previous automation experience as outlined above.
- 5+ Years of experience with administration of Linux and Windows based systems in a large heterogeneous environment
- 3-5 years’ experience with Development framework tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Strong knowledge of source code management tools. Git strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in PowerShell and Bash scripting with code samples provided.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Python or Ruby language
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with virtualization technologies. Private or public cloud experience a plus. OVM, VMware or Solaris Domains preferred.
- Working Knowledge of private and public cloud technologies (Azure, AWS and VMware)
- Creating and maintaining workflows in VMWare, Linux, Unix based environments a plus.
- Maintain SaltStack and Ansible infrastructure. Perform upgrades and enhancements as needed.
- Partners with various teams to ensure operating system configuration and application configuration is managed using Cloud automation framework.
- Team player
- Self learner
- Good presentation skills (PowerPoint, Visio Etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and with challenging deadlines.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to candidates who do not meet the above criteria