Requisition Number: PSYCH01192
- Collect information through observations, interviews, surveys, and other methods.
- Research and identify behavioral or emotional patterns.
- Test for patterns that will help them better understand and predict behavior.
- Use their knowledge to increase understanding among individuals and groups.
- Seek to understand and explain thoughts, emotions, feelings, and behavior of patients.
- Help patients deal with problems ranging from short-term personal issues to severe, chronic conditions.
- Educate patients and medical staff on psychological issues and promote healthy-living strategies.
- Investigate health issues, such as substance abuse, and develop programs to address the problems.
- Provide effective individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Determine realistic goals for psychotherapy.
- Perform psycho-diagnostic evaluations.
- Supervise staff, fellows and interns.
- Attend program development for patients treated or evaluated.
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient needs when devising and implementing treatment.
- Provide team consultation.
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable for the position.
- Knowledge of clinic/medical practice procedures related to all medical operations.
- In-depth knowledge of experience in individual, group, couples and family psychology.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff and trainees.
- Proven experience in administering findings of current studies into clinical curriculum.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a member of office staff and team.
- Combination of daily standing, walking, squatting, bending, and maneuvering.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Stress can be triggered by workload and difficult patients.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
- Two years’ experience in clinical psychology, primary care or behavioral medicine preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current State License
- American Board of Professional Psychology Certification