Requisition Number: PHLEB01133
- Maintains adequate supplies to perform job duties.
- Processes all patients with the assistance of Labdaq.
- Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients including teens, adults, handicapped and elderly.
- Identifies and labels specimens properly.
- Assists donor before, during and after donation.
- Processes urine collections.
- Processes and knowledgeable in drug screen collections.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records data entry.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness and infection control procedures.
- Inventories supplies and places orders.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- All candidates must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the position.
- Knowledge of phlebotomy techniques.
- Knowledge of clinic protocols and policies.
- Assisting other phlebotomists as directed.
- Other job functions as directed.
- Must demonstrate current competencies (efficient and effective blood draws) applicable for the position.
- Knowledge of clinic/medical practice procedures.
- Must be skilled in customer service and have a pleasant and courteous demeanor
- Must be able to respond to stressful or emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a member of office staff and team.
- Standing six to eight hours per day, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies and equipment.
- Occasional stress when dealing with priorities and anxious patients
- Experience is a plus
- State Certification as Phlebotomist is recommended.
High School Diploma or equivalent. State certification as phlebotomist is recommended.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certification as phlebotomist preferred but not required with experience.
Certification as CCMA preferred but not required.
Current CPR certificate preferred but not required.