Requisition Number: PATIE01181
- Greets and registers patients in prompt, pleasant, and courteous manner.
- Verifies all necessary information such as demographics and insurance information in the patient medical record or file.
- Responsible for preparation of patient medical records for daily appointments.
- Updates profiles on the patients.
- Responsible for filing medical histories, labs, correspondence and other information in patient medical records in proper order following departmental guidelines.
- Maintains and updates current information on appointment schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed, posts all cancelled, re-scheduled or no show appointments.
- Responsible for collecting all co-pays and small balances and balancing drawer daily.
- Responsible for patient referrals.
- Must be knowledgeable of EMR (Athena)
- Answers telephone, screens calls and provides information as directed.
- Assisting other staff as directed.
- Other job functions as directed.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable for the position such as typing or data entry.
- Knowledge of clinic/medical practice procedures related to all medical operations.
- Knowledge of phone system, copiers and fax machines.
- Knowledge of customer services principles and techniques.
- Must be capable of screening and directing calls in courteous and expeditious manner.
- Must be skilled in customer service and have a pleasant and courteous demeanor while dealing with all callers and must be able to effectively serve as a clinic liaison.
- Must be able to respond to stressful or emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a member of office staff and team.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Mostly sedentary with some standing, walking, reaching.
- Daily and repetitive data entry.
- Periodic stress from handling many calls and patient requests.
High School Diploma or Equivalent