Requisition Number: LICEN01177
- Clinical responsibilities include patient triage (weight, blood pressure, temperature readings, updating medication list and obtaining and documentation of chief complaint).
- Responsible for electronic patient prescription services including communication with pharmacies and verification of all medical prescriptions.
- Must be knowledgeable of EMR.
- Responsible for phlebotomy and EKG’s.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, retrieves voicemails, returns patient calls.
- Responsible for pre-certing requirements for all procedures.
- Responsible for calling patients in regards to lab results.
- Responsible for maintaining daily logs.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
- Responsible for communication with patients regarding patient information and education regarding procedure preps.
- Responsible for scheduling procedures and certain medical tests and referral appointments by scheduling dates, times and locations, coordinating and rescheduling as necessary.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments, verifying all necessary information such as demographics and insurance information in the patient medical record or file.
- Assists other staff as directed.
- Responsible for other job functions as directed.
- Knowledge of nursing principles and protocols and all aspects of medication names and prescribing.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality as directed by HIPAA standards.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting and records.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Must be skilled in customer service and have a pleasant and courteous demeanor while dealing with all patients and callers.
- Must be well organized and detail organized and be able to work independently without much supervision.
- Must have skills in critical thinking, communication, influence and decision making.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a member of office staff and team.
- Daily standing, walking, squatting, bending, and maneuvering.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds
- Stress can be triggered by workload and difficult patterns.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses & Certifications:
State Licensed LPN Nurse
Current CPR Certification