About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta's modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
The HR Intern will get the opportunity to be involved in various strategic, tactical and/ or operational areas of HR. The intern will work on projects with areas such as the HR Business Partners, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management. The HR Intern will also work cross-functionally with other departments in the company.
Potential areas of involvement include:
- Implementation of new HR programs and policies
- Collaborate with Payroll, HRBPs, Compensation, Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion lead, and Talent Acquisition to resolve employee inquiries
- Assist with HR compliance procedures
- Process HR transactions
- HRMS (Workday) and ATS (Peoplefluent) enhancements
- Support process standardization
- Data analysis and reporting
- Candidate management including sourcing and screening
- Support training and development
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
For local candidates, there may be an opportunity to continue the internship beyond summer.
Rising Seniors will be considered for our Early Career Development Program's 2021 hires.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree program with a major/ minor or interest in HR
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Relevant experience or prior internship, a plus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize, analyze and present data
- Ability to be resourceful and work independently
- Customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)