LOCATION: Morristown, NJ
SUMMARY: The Branch Manager is responsible for promoting the expansion of existing business relationships and develops new business, extends credit to businesses and individuals within lending authority, and oversees the daily operations of the branch including - supervision of staff, maintaining prescribed security procedures and resolving routine and complex problems.
- Directs branch activities to promote the growth of the Bank through management's goals. Calls on existing clients to maintain customer base and perspective new clients in person and over the phone. Follows-up on leads and conducts cold calls. Maintains log of all sales calls, visits and their outcomes. Represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to further enhance the image of the Bank and to develop additional business. Maintains a current awareness of the Bank's products and services to promote and cross sell to new and existing customers.
- Extends credit to businesses and individuals within lending authority. Works with existing customer base and potential new clients to solicit lending business. Processes and underwrites home equity and installment loans. Refers customers to other lending personnel or meets with customers after conferring with lending area. Works with customers and lending department to process loans.
- Oversees daily branch operations. Exercises control of office functions including implementation of new policies and procedures. Maintains security controls to protect against fraudulent activities and minimize risk and exposure. Ensures adherence to all federal and state regulations. Keeps staff up-to-date with changes to regulations (state, federal or Bank guidelines). Maintains a current knowledge of all Bank products and services and informs staff of changes. Exercises the usual authority of a manager including, scheduling, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, training or discipline.
- Assists customers in the branch with all types of transactions. Works with customers requiring complex transactions. Resolves any problems that may occur in the branch. Approves overdrafts and uncollected items within approved limits.
- Maintains an awareness of economic characteristics within market area. Uses information to maintain quality service. Informs senior management of any significant changes. Maintain a current knowledge of trends and changes within the financial industry.
- Participates in various branch administration meetings and conducts meetings with branch personnel. Assures all reports of branch operations are prepared accurately and within established time schedules.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Assistant Branch Manager;
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance is required;
- The ability to effectively develop business within your market area, including participation in community activities and service organizations;
- Effective management skills - ability to motivate and coach employees; substantiate recommendations for salary increases and promotions; ability to discipline as needed;
- Thorough knowledge of Retail Banking operations including the responsibility for all Branch reports and the security of the Bank's assets;
- Ability to participate in branch manager's meetings, seminars and any other educational activities deemed necessary;
- Able to deal effectively with customers and all levels of Bank personnel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional demeanor;
- Excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities