About Klosterman Baking Company:
As a fourth generation family-owned bakery, we’ve perfected our craft since 1892. Klosterman is dedicated to 100% Total Customer Satisfaction by putting the right people FIRST. We provide quality products to all of our customers across the Midwest via Fresh Distribution, and Nationwide via Frozen Distribution. From our fresh hamburger buns to our hardy sliced bread varieties, our commitment to baking with natural ingredients and providing a fresh great taste never ends. Here at Klosterman we understand the importance of family, that’s why we pride ourselves on having a hometown feel within all our locations.
Bakery Associates will be given on the job training on one of our production lines and areas such as dough make up or packaging, fast paced, quality driven environment looking for strong members to add to our team.
- Positions in dough make up involves loading pans onto a belt conveyor loading system, applying toppings, and placing into oven.
- Packaging positions include sorting defects, placing product into the bagging machines, stacking, and shipping the finished products.
Production Team Member Responsibilities:
- Quality, demonstrates behaviors in support of quality work processes to include, Document & track production variables, downtime, product samples, and to ensure proper blending of raw materials by weight or automatic metering systems, follow and document accurately time and temperature points in recipe specifications to meet the quality standards.
- Safety, demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Work as a member of a team or group of people
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, and proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand / walk over the course of an 8 hour shift
- Ability to lift 55 pounds in certain jobs
- Ability to work any available shift and overtime when needed
Production Team Member Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid Driver Licenses
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Candidate must be able to lift heavy objects repeatedly
- Previous experience in a Bakery (Preferred)
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be able to work overnight
- Klosterman provides the candidates uniform
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance( After one year)
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (Company Paid!)
- Upbeat and positive work environment
- Advancement Opportunities