The Controller will be responsible for the integrity of financial reporting for the Trailer plants in Frankfort, KY and Morganton, NC. This includes a strong control environment, drive for continuous improvement, delivering solid customer service, reporting of financial results, SOX compliance and remediation of any identified issues. This position must provide sound business, operational, & strategic guidance as well as financial leadership to the Trailer team.
Financial Support & Analysis:
- Direct preparation of monthly close process, monthly forecast, annual operating plan (AOP) and other Ad Hoc financial analysis, as required
- Provide unbiased, data-driven analyses for operating, investment, capital allocation, and other business decisions
- Participate in the development of long-term strategic initiatives for the Trailer business
- Provide variance analysis to all key stakeholders including plant management and corporate team in Troy, MI
- Direct the development of standard cost and analysis to ensure the accurate representation of costs and inventory valuation. This includes material, freight, labor and manufacturing overhead.
- Assure that all inventories are represented properly relative to quantity, cost and categorization (Raw, WIP and finished goods)
- Provide high level of customer service to all operational / functional leaders to provide accurate, timely and pertinent information to maximize returns for the business
- Identify and lead opportunities to reduce operational costs
- Support plant management in addressing operational issues of the site, including identifying corrective action plans
- Provide timely, independent, verifiable information to gauge past and future performance and make appropriate decisions based on financial merits.
Optimizing Control Environment:
- Ensure that work processes and initiatives are undertaken in a fiscally, legally and operationally responsible manner and are subject to review and/or audit on a regular basis
- Continually evaluate and improve control environment to ensure it functions properly to safeguard assets
Leadership / Other:
- Oversee 1 direct report and coordinate with the North America Truck and Trailer Finance team in Troy, MI
- Improve capabilities and strength of Finance team through assessment, staffing, training, and process implementation
- Other ad hoc assignments or projects as required
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA, CPA preferred
- 5+ years' experience in financial analysis, cost accounting & financial support of Manufacturing Operations preferred; Prior Controller position a plus
- Excellent PC skills required including Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Word
- Strong presentation and communication skills required; (both verbal and written)
- Deadline & business driven with ability to work independently
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Willingness to travel 1 week per month
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.