Requisition Number: COMMO01466
Anritsu Company is the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 120 years. Anritsu’s “2020 VISION” philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital instruments as well as operation support systems for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems. The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets. With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 4,000 employees in over 90 countries. To learn more visit www.anritsu.com and follow Anritsu on Facebook, Google+ LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Anritsu is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all employees. We offer standard benefits such as major medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, a generous 401(k) Matching Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, and profit sharing. Our benefit package is designed to positively impact all aspects of your life; to help you and your family succeed; and to maintain our status as a “perfect job.” Come find out what Anritsu has to offer you!
Anritsu Company’s Procurement organization is structured with offshore transactional buyers performing order placement and reschedules, while responsibility for complex ordering and escalations are managed in Morgan Hill, CA. As a Sr. Buyer based in Morgan Hill, CA you will have responsibility for managing the supply chain for your assigned commodities, while acting as the primary contact for Manufacturing, Planning and transactional buyer escalations related to cost, quality and delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify and solve complex supply chain issues through coordinating activities between suppliers, Planning and Engineering
- Identify potential supply chain disruptions, resolve with supplier or escalate when required
- Monitor quality issues and facilitate resolution and corrective action
- Reduce component costs through analyzing cost data to identify areas of opportunities for contracts and other reduction opportunities
- Collaborate across the organization to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability
- Manage strategic supplier performance to meet or exceed Anritsu quality, cost and delivery requirements
- Coordinate purchasing activities with Manufacturing, Planning and Engineering Departments to acquire inventory at the appropriate levels in a cost effective and timely manner
- Monitor lead-times and work with suppliers to increase agility
- Provide direction and input for preferred manufacturer program and commodity strategies
- Identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans
- Identify best practices, determine gaps with current procurement processes and implement improvements
- Support global supply chain initiatives as needed
- This position will be reporting to the Procurement Manager based in Morgan Hill, CA.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain experience
- Proven negotiations skills
- ERP experience required, with SAP S4H experience a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office with a focus on Excel
- RF and Microwave accessories and components experience preferred
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
- Requires a high level of organizational capabilities to appropriately manage priorities and deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and present recommendations
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, written, verbal)
- Strong team working skills and customer focused mindset
- Decision making abilities, conflict resolution, problem solving and maintaining deadlines.
- High level of initiative with a proactive nature