This position is responsible for directing the efficient and cost-effective operation of a distribution center or warehouse facility. The Operations Manager (OM) will manage inbound activities related to the receipt and storage of goods, inventory management, claims and oversee outbound activities related to order-filling, stock replenishment and shipping. The OM is responsible for budgeting, customer service, facility and equipment operation. He/she will administer overall inventory management, productivity, accuracy, and loss prevention programs to ensure that company requirements are met. In addition, the OM will oversee maintenance processes, record keeping, safety protocol, security services and inventory control to ensure distribution center work teams, service providers, equipment and physical assets are safe and secure.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must be available to work second shift 1:00pm - 9:30pm
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
- Three to five years of experience in warehouse operations
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety rules strongly preferred
- Proficiency with software applications and transportation systems
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers and staff at all organizational levels
- Must pass pre-employment background check and screen
- Subject to National Security screening.
- Manage the daily operations of warehouse
- Manage the efficient loading and unloading of trucks, work safety management and training, and federal/state/local regulatory compliance
- Oversee record keeping, inspections, audits and safety training
- Ensure the timeliness and integrity of all inventory transactions
- Ability to understand and help slot the DC based on company inventory and picking strategies
- Manage and maintain an effective cycle count program to achieve specified inventory accuracy rate
- Coordinate and conduct physical inventories in accordance with company policy
- Work closely with store personnel to investigate customer complaints involving order accuracy and/or carrier delivery issues
- Review and evaluate the performance of all distribution center functions, address performance gaps and take corrective action as needed to ensure the managers of each functional area are delivering on operating goals
- Assess business conditions, evaluate emerging business needs and take action to address near-term opportunities to improve service, reduce costs and/or generate incremental revenue to enhance operational results across the distribution system
- Monitor activities performed to analyzed and redirect workflow to appropriate work centers to balance workloads
- Assist with identifying necessary remodels or replacement of obsolete or unproductive assets based on operational need and economic justification
- Responsible for personnel matters related to hiring, training/development, termination and grievance of employees
- Conduct performance appraisals and coach direct reports to enhance individual and team performance
- Provide training and learning sessions to the warehouse team regarding safety, processes, functions, and other warehouse related activities that will improve the team's performance and increase their understanding of the aforementioned activities
- Monitor the effectiveness of development and skill building systems against productivity and employee turnover goals and take corrective action as needed
- Lead daily team meetings to discuss operational performance, safety, training and warehouse related topics
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- This position is salaried, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- Limited travel required which may include air and/or car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically noisy.
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.