HR, Safety & Asset Protection Manager
It’s great being part of a culture where entrepreneurship and team spirit are not just buzzwords.
We are committed to our associates and customers. This makes our business successful.
If you love working with a great group of people and desire the opportunity to grow, this is the place for you.
Provides Human Resources and Safety and Asset Protection support to the General Manager, Distribution Operations.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
High School diploma and 2 years of experience in a human resources department and/or safety and loss prevention role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
- College degree is a plus.
- Experience with ADP or other payroll processing systems and products (e.g. Kronos, Workday, etc.)
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge or hands on experience with internal human resources, payroll, benefits, recruiting, safety and loss prevention processes.
- Excellent computer skills. Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties and responsibilities.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Maintains files and records.
- Data entry in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Pulls reports from various HRIS and vendor systems.
- Distributes and tracks receipt of HR/Benefits documents.
- Gathers and distributes employee information.
- Assists associates with forms and procedures.
- Provides administrative assistance to the HR department as approved by supervisor.
Safety & Asset Protection
- Promote a culture of safety across the distribution center
- Conduct Safety Audits
- Review safety audits monthly and analyze to improve results
- Validate daily safety walk process with management team and ensure executed with high standards
- Validate Heads Up Team process
- Ensure Heads Up Awareness materials are current (i.e. Shrink & Safety posters, Heads Up team pictures)
- Review all Workers’ Comp, General Liability Auto and Property Claims to determine root cause and reduce number of claims being filed
- Validate lift equipment procedures, training and recertification process
- Work with the Director Distribution Operations to develop and implement DC specific safety procedures and policies
- This position is hourly, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- Occasional travel required including air and car travel
- The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Physical Work – Ability to exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.