Tire Shop Repair Employee (Morenci, AZ, US, 85540)
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Skilled mechanic who under supervision safely performs maintenance, repair and replacement of tires on mobile equipment including: Haul trucks, water trucks, fuel trucks, pickups and other equipment used in and around the mine.
- Perform replacement, fixes and repairs on different types of tires; this includes servicing tires, diagnosing tire and wheel issues, patches, plug’s, stems, and making tire replacement decisions
- Perform preventative maintenance including studying and checking for tire and wheel issues (damage or wear, tread depth, pressure, temperature, monitoring for heat bubbles and overall condition of the tire)
- May be required to perform basic welding tasks using a cutting torch
- May operate equipment such as: forklifts, cranes, small mobile equipment, and impact guns
- Responsible for maintaining work orders, a clean and safe work area and performing work area inspections
- May perform hot tire replacement and follows hot tire safety procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- One (1) year of experience in Tire Repair or mechanical repair and maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability to read and use schematics
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of hot tire safety procedures
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability