Mercantile Associate - Morenci Motel - Server (Morenci, AZ, US, 85540)
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Responsible for guest services. Performs a variety of services for guests for the motel, restaurant and bar. Responsible for ensuring excellent quality of food service and positive guest experience.
- Greets guests, takes orders, and delivers food and beverages
- Makes alcoholic drinks for the dining rooms and to serve customers in the bar area; checks identification
- Balances cash receipts
- Cleans glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
- Performs portioning and inventory control to prepare a variety of foods, garnishes and all ingredients required for preparing dishes on the menu
- Registers guests, assigns rooms, collects payments and answers the phone
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the Hotel and Restaurant
- Delivers service items to guest rooms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to obtain position specific certifications within one (1) month of employment; i.e., Food Handler, Arizona Title 4 Alcohol Training, etc.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain positive guest and working relationships
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to work in astressful environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the work day
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability