Kabam Montreal is looking for a rock star concept artist. We know that you have already shipped multiple video games on either console, PC or mobile. We think you have an edge to your art and we are especially interested in talking to you if your colors are captivating and timeless.
You can be expected to:
- Produce fantastic and interesting concept designs for several different facets of world creation, including character design, vehicles, props, environment, etc.
- Create lighting, composition and mood color studies
- Strong proven ability to produce drawings to serve as specs for 3D modelers, i.e. turn-arounds, orthographic renders, material guides, etc.
- Create solid illustrations and renders of game elements to serve as guides to 3D Artists, inspirational guides, for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate and iterate with a passionate in-house team crafting games for mobile and tablet devices
Adding to these, your success will be built from:
- Being a balanced individual with the ability to work on hard surface, industrial, and organic subject matter
- 4+ years of concept design/visual development experience in video games
- Ability to work with a broad range of subjects and aesthetic styles
- Tenacity to iterate and get the design right!
- A desire to grow your skills and experience and to share those with other artists
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong passion for gaming, especially in the mobile space
- Knowledge in Zbrush and other 3D programs a plus
Although we love talent from around the world, preference will be given to a Canadian citizen or person who holds a valid, open work permit in Canada. Local to Montreal is a plus.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.