The DevOps Engineer will be the lead in defining, executing and maintaining DevOps strategy and implementation. Build a full stack AWS solution to support Agency Portal using AWS services to support custom Java applications in multiple environments. Create and maintain cloud formation templates to build AWS services and support custom Java applications in multiple environments. Streamline and automate processes where applicable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build the whole AWS stack, from Elastic Load Balancers to databases, and migrate the stack to different environments (development, test, pre-production, production).
- Configure build and release pipelines for both cloud and on premise solutions.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring of AWS environments
- Work effectively as a member of an agile team.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and operations platform; ensure that customer service standards are met and errors are reduced.
- Test the system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineering best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with Continuous Integration tools, Continuous Deployment tools, and source control software such as GIT and SVN.
- Offer technical support where needed.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Managerial supervision is received from the Director of Infrastructure, and project related supervision of Project Managers/Scrum Masters.
- Solid team player with excellent communication skills, and collaborative working style.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or other appropriate discipline.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Hands on experience in networking, server engineering and security.
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones that should be implemented.
- Detail-oriented, time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Predominately sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.