A Mechanical Drafter is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Montgomery, IL area. The main function of a mechanical drafter is to prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
location: Montgomery, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.45 - 40.89 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Located at Montgomery, IL supporting cab systems development for LWL/WDC's
- Cab Competitive Update (CU) Leadership & Execution
- Cab Maintenance BIQ issue resolution & management
- DSN requests/questions incl cab replacements
- Supplier deviations
- Factory issues/deviations
- Commercial questions/requests
- Product Safety & Compliance questions/requests
- CAD model requests from suppliers
- Component obsolescence
- Other design changes requested outside of CU & NPI
- Monitoring quarterly/monthly product cost
- On a weekly basis, review priority of list of competitive update & maintenance projects with team leader
- Attend current production meetings led by machine leaders to report on status of cab CU projects and any maintenance projects
- Manage & assign maintenance requests including those in list of responsibilities above
- Assist DSN analysts with any new questions/requests received from dealers
- Review & approve supplier deviation requests as they come in
Bachelor's degree in engineering required (Mechanical Engineering preferred) with 3-5 years' experience OR High School/GED with 10+ years of experience.
Technical Skills Required:
- 3-5 years' experience with designing and releasing processes highly preferred. Knowledge of cabs and cab systems
- Conceive multiple design solutions & conduct tabletop design reviews with stakeholders
- Creo (Pro/E) Teamcenter Engineering required
- Teamcenter Visualization required
- Geometric Tolerancing (preferred)
Soft Skills Required:
- Clearly communicate status of design issues & projects.
- Collaborate with members of various machine & cab teams in design projects.
- Take initiative in handling day-to-day maintenance needs while consulting and learning from experienced members of the cab team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.