Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
ABOUT VERTICAL SALES
Gray Vertical Sales provides marketing and advertising support for healthcare and automotive clients. The Vertical Sales team works directly with national accounts and local station sales teams to develop incremental and new revenue for these two important revenue categories.
We are looking for a highly organized and proactive Administrative Services Manager to oversee the administrative and human resource needs for the vertical sales department. The Administrative Services Manager will support the VP of Vertical Sales and 2 Sales Directors. The vertical sales department is experiencing major growth and the ideal candidate has experience managing departmental growth and improving operations. The Administrative Services Manager will establish, evaluate and manage department systems to ensure that the department operates efficiently and smoothly. This person will also handle basic office tasks such as coordinating trainings, setting up and running department meetings, making travel arrangements, handling expense reports, and more for over a dozen employees.
- Plan, develop and implement department initiatives.
- Responsible for managing multiple department initiatives.
- Hiring and on-boarding of new employees.
- Coordinate trainings of new and existing employees.
- Responsible for scheduling logistics & creating correspondence for VP and Directors.
- Manage department's daily human resource needs.
- Oversee department's office equipment needs and ensure all employees have proper equipment (computers, phones, etc.).
- Assist with office space needs.
- Coordinate special projects & events for department.
- Make travel arrangements for sales teams.
- Handle expense submissions sales teams.
- Set-up and handle department meetings, including agendas and minutes.
- Position is based in Charlotte, NC
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 3+ years of human resource experience
- Media experience not required, but is preferred
- Knowledge of principals & practices of office management, modern office procedures and human resources
- Extremely strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to establish & maintain positive relationships with employees
- Experiencing managing up
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Ability to identify & solve problems
- Must maintain confidentiality