Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services. Our Alabama Crisis program is recruiting for a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
The RBT will assist providers of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Behavioral Health (IDD/BH) services to providers who support persons with IDD in crisis and at high risk of disruptions in placement. As a member of the Provider Focus capacity building and crisis support team with Benchmark Human Services, the RBT is a paraprofessional who practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a BCBA or BCaBA (“designated RBT supervisor”). The RBT is primarily responsible for coaching and training on skill-acquisition and behavior reduction plans with agency staff, such as Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). The RBT will help providers build capacity by training DSPs on data collection, certain types of assessments (e.g., stimulus preference assessments), and monitoring of Behavior Support Plans. The RBT credential will complement the BCBA-D, BCBA, and BCaBA credentials as an entry-level program that reflects the education and training necessary for the duties of a behavior technician. It is the responsibility of the designated RBT supervisor to determine which tasks an RBT may perform as a function of his or her training, experience, and competence. The designated RBT supervisor is ultimately responsible for the work performed by the RBT. The RBT must be willing to flex schedule accordingly to provide services, supports, and consultation to individuals as required, respond immediately when dispatched on crisis responses, and be present to provide consultation to provider agency staff.
Must be experienced and competent in profession, possess effective communication and collaboration skills, and maintain any applicable license, training, and/ or certifications.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
- Be at least 18 years of age with valid driver’s license and auto insurance..
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferable
- Successfully complete a criminal background registry check at time of application.
- Experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- RBT certification (complete and pass the RBT Competency Assessment administered by a BACB certificant)
If interested please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.